Followers 0
Geske

Όλο μου λες

5 posts in this topic

Όλο μου λες | | | You're always telling me

Στίχοι: Γιώργος Ζήκας | | | Lyrics: Giorgos Zikas

Μουσική: Γιώργος Ζήκας | | | Music: Giorgos Zikas

(τραγούδα αυτός) | | | (he sings)

Όλο μου λες πως μ' αγαπάς και μόνη θέλεις να 'σαι, | | | You're always telling me that you love me, and that you want to be alone,

κι όλο στα μάτια με κοιτάς και μ' άλλονε κοιμάσαι. | | | and you're always looking me in the eye, and you're sleeping with someone else

Μπαίνεις σαν σφήνα στην καρδιά και σαν γυαλί στο μάτι | | | You penetrate the heart like a wedge, the eye like a glass shard

λες και σε ξέρω από παλιά και μου κρατάς γινάτι. | | | as if I know you from the old days and you are keeping a grudge.

(τραγούδα αυτή) | | | (she sings)

Μην κάνεις έτσι μάτια μου και θα σ' ευχαριστήσω | | | Don't carry on like this, my dear, and I will thank you,

μα την καρδιά μου μη ζητάς να την μονοπωλήσω | | | but do not ask me to make my heart a monopoly

έχω κι εγώ τα χούγια μου έχω την τακτική μου | | | I too have my temperament, I've got my ways,

έχω φωτιά στα στήθια μου νεράκι στην πηγή μου | | | I've got fire in my breast and water in my little well.

(τραγούδα αυτός) | | | (he sings)

Πες μου πού γύρναγες εχτές πες μου με ποιον να ήσουν | | | Tell me were you were hanging out yesterday, who were you with?

πες μου το σε παρακαλώ οι φόβοι μου να σβήσουν | | | Tell me I beg you, to put my fears to rest,

μπαίνεις σαν σφήνα στην καρδιά και σαν γυαλί στο μάτι | | | You penetrate the heart like a wedge, the eye like a glass shard

λες και σε ξέρω από παλιά και μου κρατάς γινάτι | | | as if I know you from the old days and you are keeping a grudge.

(τραγούδα αυτή) | | | (she sings)

Μη βάζεις τέτοια στο μυαλό αφού καλά το ξέρεις | | | Don't take such things into your head, since you well know

πως όποιος δίνει γρήγορα θα μείνει δίχως ταίρι | | | that "if you give it quick, you will be left on the shelf"

έχω κι εγώ τα χούγια μου έχω την τακτική μου | | | I too have my temperament, I've got my ways,

έχω φωτιά στα στήθια μου νεράκι στην πληγή μου | | | I've got fire in my breast and water in my little well.

I just read the first verse and I smelled the "aroma" of an arguement :) :

Όλο μου λες πως μ' αγαπάς και μόνη θέλεις να 'σαι, | | | You're always telling me that you love me, and that you want to be alone.

I think it should be:

You're always telling me that you love me, and you always want to be alone.

The verse contains a controversy: She's telling she loves him...but she always wants to be alone. As in the 2nd verse there is another controversy: She's looking at his eyes but she sleeps with somebody else!

Yes, Panos, to my mind that's a good argument.

Obviously the "και" here has the meaning "αλλά / μα" = "but":

"Όλο μου λες πως μ' αγαπάς και [= αλλά] μόνη θέλεις να 'σαι,

κι όλο στα μάτια με κοιτάς και [= αλλά] μ' άλλονε κοιμάσαι."

Of course Geske's translation would grammatically also be correct, but from the context I tend to believe that Panos' interpretation is the "right" one.

Hey, this is kind' a nice...

I'd just thought of the same thing, about translating και as "but" because I had to apply it in the other song (Στην Ανάτολη στην Δύση) and when I came to put it in, you'd already done it for me.

Let's keep it, them:

Όλο μου λες πως μ' αγαπάς και μόνη θέλεις να 'σαι, | | | You're always telling me that you love me, but you [always] want to be alone,

ευχαριστώ παιδιά!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0