Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
francois

Παρίσι (Φεβρουάριος 2003)

116 posts in this topic

Micki, thank you very much!

I don't know which kind of screen you have, but for me they are too large!!!!

Great reports ! Thank you all!

Annette the magical thing is that almost at the same time we were playing "Dromoi Palioi" at the Boite where me and Giorgos play :)

Did Dalaras say any political comments about world peace or Cyprus ?

And I have always this strong unexplainable connection with the song Theos an einai and this time it seems so different, the intro of the song, the whole song, the end of the song. Or is it me feeling different today? I was so impressed.

Dear Micki, this song is unbelievable, and Dalaras made it even more 'unreal' the other day. I am still very much impressed by the way he sang it.

Thank you so much for the photos, Micki !!!

Pavlo, there were no political comments about Cyprus or about peace from Dalaras, but songs like "Tis dikaiosinis ilie" or "En Mediterranee" were obvious poetical and musical responses to those important issues. :)

Did Dalaras say any political comments about world peace or Cyprus ?

No, he didn't make any comments.

This might have been a great disappointment for some although as Francois mentions some songs were obvious statements concerning these issues.

The lady seating in front of me was shouting and crying at the end of the concert.

She turned towards me gathering her coat and I heard her say : "next time I see him I'll spit in his face"

I asked whose face and she answered : "Dalaras ! Dalaras! We've waited for ages for him to come here. Now, he comes, pretends to sing for Cyprus and he doesn't even give us Karteroumen !

il ne nous donne meme pas Karteroumen ! Next time I see him ." she finished vehemently and burst into tears.

After the concert we spoke to Olga's new friend, M. Zoltowski, the Polish conductor and asked him why we didn't hear Kartouremen.

His answer was that the song was "to demanding vocally and emotionnaly , just like America Insurrecta and it would have been to much".

She turned towards me gathering her coat and I heard her say : "next time I see him I'll spit in his face"

I asked whose face and she answered : "Dalaras ! Dalaras! We've waited for ages for him to come here. Now, he comes, pretends to sing for Cyprus and he doesn't even give us Karteroumen !

I have been waiting for ages for him to come "here"; should I spit in his face because apart from "Stin Arapia", he didn't sing any rebetiko? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The concert was perfect as it was, even with all its imperfections. Each of us (from this community) is here to testify... No need of hysterical silly tarts to criticize him so violently...

Thanks Annette for reporting about that woman. Interesting facts, indeed... :)

And yes, thanks to all our photographers !!!!! :):):)

till the sweet end.

You got the right words, Micki... The end was so sweet, so sweet indeed... I would even say peaceful. Here's the word 'peace' again... :) Μεγάλη ηρεμία στο τέλος, για την ψυχή, για την καρδιά

Sorry for interrupting these very nice reports, but I have to make this remark!

No one is obliged to write a report about a concert.

And no one is allowed to demand a concert report, not even the 'webmaster' :) and especially no one who was at the concert her/ himself!

And Geeske, yes you did a lot of posts, but when did you write the last report about a concert? And please don't forget there's a small, just a small difference between writing down translations (done in a hurry, as you tell us most of the time) and to give a describtion of an event, which always strikes you very personally.

And please.....don't forget, most of us don't have this time to 'work' for this forum, seems you got a bit more than us.

Well, ought I to apologize? For the wording, perhaps... but for my intention, no.

Micki saw though me, I wanted to shake people up a bit. You know, when everyone is waiting for "someone else" to go first? So I thought I'd give a little push.

It makes me impatient to meet people who do have all those interesting things to say, and then when you say 'that would be a good thing to share on the forum', they make excuses. And Anna, Micki, I'm not talking about you!

Of course there is no "obligation" - Anna, where did you get that notion? Not from me, that's for sure. Obligation, indeed :) .

To anwer your question, the last full concert report I wrote was about Kopenhagen, it was something like seven pages long and very personal, and considering some things that were being said to me, and about me, on the forum about that time, I didn't post it.

Yes, I was in Zygos since then - and no, I couldn't post much about it, simply because I had very limited computer access there and then, and didn't get home till weeks after the event. So now you know, though it's none of your business really.

As for the accusation "we can't all afford to spend so much time on the forum as you" - well, you're not the first to say so, but from you, I didn't expect it. We each choose our freedoms and we each pay the price for them : some people don't understand this, but I know that you do.

Anyway. It seems that, whether I post my own words, or try and move others to speak theirs, I will always offend someone. So be it.

Now let me get back on topic.

Instead of posting another of those overlong, overdetailed concert diaries I used to do, I've enjoyed immensely reading everyone's experiences. Sometimes it's the delight of pure recognition, sometimes the surprise of seeing how differently different people live the same concert!

I want to share just a few things.

The first is similar to what Annette wrote, about that shock when his voice first sounds. It really does take my brain off-line.

I expected the kind of sound quality we had in Kopenhagen, or, godforbid, London - but this was spectacularly better - and that made the shock that much bigger again.

The second is that it was extremely strange and unsettling to meet childhood memories in a Dalaras concert. Moustaki, for me, belongs to a past lifetime, when I was a kid in school and we sang his songs by the holiday campfires. I haven't heard or sung them since and they have nothing to do with my adult life, even less with this strange turn towards Greek my life had taken lately.

And here he was. And there the songs were. Oh, I knew them! My fifteen-year-old self woke within me and sang...

And another thing.

I rather liked the Paris public. Abroad the audiences tend to clap at the wrong moments, often out of synch... Not here.

I have bad memories of a destroyed θεός αν είναι, for example. But here, this time, this song, it was so beautiful, and the whole audience was listening, so intent, holding their breath. All together.

Five pages already? Πω, πω, πω.....

After I've read them carefully, I'll add what I can.

This moment, the first half of hour at home after 23, 5 hours of way I can't wait with greetings and thanks:

- to the great "M"-quartett from the Netherlands - and Belgium, if we should separate the names - : Marijke (spell Maraike.....), Marian, Margarita and Micki;

- to Yvonne and Henk for their μεγάλες καρδιές, I enjoy these "ανάμμενα φώτα" every time we can meet;

- to Diane & Chris & Annette for the joy of the first meeting

- to Kate and Anna for the next one;

"ξέρεις, ’ννα, εμείς οι δύο ήταν γραφτό να συνανδ'ηθουμε...."

- to Francois.

Now only this more:

while I had to leave Louvre the day before yesterday, exactly 21.45, and to close in some way the great Paris meetings - the only suitable thought came in the last moments indeed.

And this was "Μή μου θυμώνεις, μάτια μου" (perfectly sung during the concert), what came to my mind again, while I was leaving, step by step on a long staircase, the oldest angel of the world, the NIKI.

Then I passed only by another little angel, this of Antonio Canova, Eros embracing Psyche, smiled and left.

Σας χαιρετώ ολούς για τώρα :)

Thanks everyone for your great reports.

Annette you were right the song ¨'Those were the days¨ was a Eurovision song sang by a girl called Dana from the 80's I believe (showing my age once again). I didn't mention it in my report as I don't thing that highly of it :) I'm not keen on Deborah Myers really and I don't think that their voices match either, but I would have like to hear Dalaras sing in english just out of curiosity, although I'm sure that you are right Anna!

As for singing Kartaroumen, it's very true that when I hear him sing it in Cyprus especially he seems to be very drained afterwards emotionally maybe more than vocally, even though his voice was suffering last week in Limassol and the audience almost drowned him out, which was quite an experience listening to the whole theatre giving their all with him, maybe thats what drains him emotionally - if you get my meaníng!

Anyway it seems that we all had a good time (perhaps except this woman!) :):)

No need of hysterical silly tarts to criticize him so violently...

It must be said in that woman's defence that a translation of he song was given on the programme with 3 others and the comment...."que vous entendrez ce soir..." (which you will hear tonight).

And I'm sure there is hope of her calming down since she means "to see him again" :)

I think we all become slightly hysterical when we finally manage to take part in one of his concerts :)

¨'Those were the days¨ was a Eurovision song sang by a girl called Dana from the 80's I believe

Are you sure about that Lynne? I thought this song was sung by Mary Hopkin back in the 1960's (maybe early 1970's) and it was written for her by Paul McCartney? I might be wrong though ..... :)

Not that it matters at all, of course - I think we all agree that it had no place in a Dalaras concert! :)

¨'Those were the days¨ was a Eurovision song sang by a girl called Dana from the 80's I believe

Are you sure about that Lynne? I thought this song was sung by Mary Hopkin back in the 1960's (maybe early 1970's) and it was written for her by Paul McCartney? I might be wrong though ..... :(

Not that it matters at all, of course - I think we all agree that it had no place in a Dalaras concert! :rolleyes:

I must admit I was startled when I heard it and asked myself where I was for a while... :lol:

No need of hysterical silly tarts to criticize him so violently...

I think we all become slightly hysterical when we finally manage to take part in one of his concerts :blush:

:rolleyes::D :lol: :D:(

http://www.enet.gr/online/online_print.jsp?id=34310640

Η συναυλία του Γιώργου Νταλάρα στο παρισινό «Ολυμπιά» για την Κύπρο

Φινάλε με Ζωρζ Μουστακί

ΠΑΡΙΣΙ

Της ΗΡΑΣ ΦΕΛΟΥΚΑΤΖΗ

Μία γοητευτική μουσική περιπλάνηση στη Μεσόγειο, με συνθέσεις μεγάλων δημιουργών και μελοποιημένα αποσπάσματα κειμένων ποιητών από την Ελλάδα και την Κύπρο, παρουσίασε στο γαλλικό κοινό ο Γιώργος Νταλάρας σε μία νέα εμφάνισή του στο παρισινό μυθικό μιούζικ χολ «Ολυμπιά».

Στη συναυλία αυτή που έφερε τον τίτλο «Τραγούδια για την Κύπρο», στο ασφυκτικά γεμάτο θέατρο, ο καλλιτέχνης αποθεώθηκε από Γάλλους, Ελληνες και Κύπριους θεατές που επί τρεις ώρες τον συνόδευαν με εκδηλώσεις ενθουσιασμού, με επευφημίες, με παρατεταμένα χειροκροτήματα και τραγουδώντας μαζί του. Τη συναυλία παρακολούθησαν εκπρόσωποι των ελληνικών και κυπριακών αρχών και πολυάριθμες προσωπικότητες των γραμμάτων, των τεχνών και της πολιτικής.

Ο Νταλάρας έχει εμφανιστεί στη Γαλλία με περίπου είκοσι συναυλίες του που είχαν όλες μεγάλη επιτυχία. Στη συναυλία της περασμένης Κυριακής, παρουσιάστηκε για πρώτη φορά με την εξηνταμελή «Κρατική Ορχήστρα της Κύπρου», που διηύθυνε ο Μασιέ Ζολτόφσκι, με συμμετοχή της Αγγλίδας υψίφωνου Ντέμπορα Μάγιερς. Επίτιμος προσκεκλημένος ήταν ο Ζωρζ Μουστακί.

Το κονσέρτο είχε οργανωθεί από τη «Γαλλική Επιτροπή για την Κύπρο» σε συνεργασία με το κυπριακό υπουργείο Παιδείας και Πολιτισμού, με στόχο να προβάλει τη σύγχρονη ελληνική μουσική και ειδικότερα τη μουσική και την ποίηση της Κύπρου, χαιρετίζοντας την ένταξη του νησιού στην Ευρωπαϊκή Ενωση. Το ίδιο πρόγραμμα είχε παρουσιαστεί στο Λονδίνο και στην Κοπεγχάγη το Δεκέμβριο και σε δύο ακόμα συναυλίες στην Κύπρο το Φεβρουάριο.

Η Ντέμπορα Μάγιερς συμπλήρωσε τη μουσική απόλαυση με το τραγούδι της και ήλθε η στιγμή που ο Γιώργος Νταλάρας κάλεσε στη σκηνή τον καλό του φίλο Ζωρζ Μουστακί. Το κοινό μπόρεσε να απολαύσει ένα μοναδικό ελληνογαλλικό ντουέτο. Ο Μουστακί έχει εμφανιστεί αρκετές φορές σε συναυλίες του Νταλάρα. Αυτή τη φορά τραγούδησαν μαζί τέσσερα τραγούδια, μεταξύ των οποίων οι μεγάλες επιτυχίες του Μουστακί, «Μέτοικος» και «Στη Μεσόγειο», ενώ ο Νταλάρας έκλεισε τη συναυλία αφιερώνοντας το τραγούδι «Χρυσοπράσινο φύλλο» στην Κύπρο και αποθεώθηκε από το κοινό.

Λίγο αργότερα στα καμαρίνια, ο καλλιτέχνης μάς εξήγησε ότι η συναυλία του στο «Ολυμπιά» του έδωσε ιδιαίτερη ικανοποίηση. «Υπάρχει μία φόρτιση κάθε φορά που έρχομαι στο Παρίσι» λέει. «Γιατί νιώθω ότι επί πολλά χρόνια παρακολουθεί τις συναυλίες μας ένα ευρύ κοινό που μας υποστηρίζει. Δεν είναι μόνο οι Ελληνες, είναι αυτό το σπουδαίο γαλλικό κοινό που είναι ανοιχτό σε όλα και υποστηρίζει τις εναλλακτικές μουσικές ανοίγοντας δρόμο για τους καλλιτέχνες.

Οι ξένοι που ενδιαφέρονται για την Ελλάδα πέρα από το φολκλόρ γνωρίζουν ότι η δική μας μουσική έχει σοβαρότητα, έχει βάθος, ουσιαστική, μεγάλη και ποιοτική στιχουργική, είναι ακραία συναισθηματική και έχει κάτι να πει στον άνθρωπο. Τα τραγούδια μας ήταν αφιερωμένα στην Κύπρο και με αυτή τη συναυλία κλείνει ο κύκλος που αρχίσαμε πριν από χρόνια τραγουδώντας σε όλο τον κόσμο για την υπόθεση της Κύπρου. Τώρα η Κύπρος έχει μπει στην Ευρωπαϊκή Ενωση και με το πρόγραμμα αυτό παρουσιάσαμε στην Ευρώπη τη μουσική και την ποίησή της, πλαισιωμένοι από μία μεγάλη κυπριακή ορχήστρα, την "Κρατική Ορχήστρα της Κύπρου", που είναι πια έτοιμη να ταξιδέψει στον κόσμο. Για όλους αυτούς τους λόγους νιώθω ιδιαίτερη χαρά για τη συναυλία στο Παρίσι».

Η εφημερίδα «Λιμπερασιόν» αφιέρωσε ένα σημαντικό άρθρο της στη συναυλία, με τίτλο «Νταλάρας, ο Ελληνας ημίθεος στο Ολυμπιά» και υπότιτλο «ο τραγουδιστής που είναι πραγματικός σταρ στην πατρίδα του θα συνοδεύεται από τον Μουστακί».

Η εφημερίδα αναφέρει ότι ο Νταλάρας εμφανίστηκε για πρώτη φορά στην αρχή της δεκαετίας του '80 στο Παρίσι και παρουσιάζει τη διαδρομή του καλλιτέχνη που «είναι ο πιο δημοφιλής Ελληνας τραγουδιστής», υπογραμμίζοντας ότι δεν ακολούθησε τους Ελληνες καλλιτέχνες της χώρας του στις πολιτιστικές ανταλλαγές με την Τουρκία. «Πρέπει να είναι κανείς συνεπής» εξηγεί ο Γιώργος Νταλάρας στη «Λιμπερασιόν». «Δεν γίνεται από τη μια να καταγγέλλεις την κατάσταση που ζει η Κύπρος, όπου η τουρκική κυβέρνηση έχει μία μεγάλη ευθύνη, και να πηγαίνεις να τραγουδήσεις εκεί. Ομως ένα από τα τραγούδια μου αναφερόμενο στην προσευχή των δύο λαών λέει "Εσύ Χριστό και εγώ Αλλάχ αλλά και οι δυο μας αχ και βαχ"».

ΕΛΕΥΘΕΡΟΤΥΠΙΑ - 19/02/2003

Copyright © 2001 Χ. Κ. Τεγόπουλος Εκδόσεις Α.Ε.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0