Micki

This week's favorite song (too)

1,665 posts in this topic

Mhm, I know. But I am barbarian, with some languages, isn't it?

And now, after these songs for you a song, THE song for me: ελα για λιγο να σε δω...

And Kyrios Giorgos was singing it, so close to me, last week. No wonder that I couldn't remember nothing sung afterwards

(Three or even four red hearts are missing here, every one for a member of my family).

O.

Astron has gone... He must have reached Naypaktos by now...

I dedicate him (and all the others who are leaving for vacations) the following song: San ton Odyssea! :)

NIki, I see you are epimeli enough with this wonderful and forgotten (why?) album "Methismena tragoudia". If somebody has not heard it yet, I wuld give it as a compulsory "homework".

Naupaktos? Niki, do you know this city well enough? If yest, please, send me a description or photos or anything you can -I know many corners of Peloponnisos, not this one: and I have to tell everyday in the castle of Cracow about the battle of Lepanto. What I saw there now, was only a marvellous ανοιξη με λουλουδια and τις μακρινες τις θαλασσες.May be the second song for the vacation time.

Niki, what a special day? Something concerning Cyprus? Sorry to ask such stupid questions, but don't expect us here stin Barbaria to be informed well about that (see also: Zygos video).And don't forget my Naupaktos question, please.

As a song for me: Theodorakis/Papadopoulos/P. Karadimitris: To giapi, from: Ta pikrosavvata. Brought now from Berlin.

Yes, Olga, the American backed up* invasion of the Northern part of Cyprus by the Turkish army.

*Remember :) Henry Kissinger :):) ...

Dwste moy mia taytotita.

Olga -sorry for being late- I don't know anything about Naypaktos. Never been there... We'll have to wait and see what Astron has to say when he returns.

OK, Niki, thanks! And, according to the title of the song you named now: once more: γεια - χαρα - καλη -

Ολγιτσα

My song for the week to come:

Μη χειρότερα Θεέ μου έσπασα τον αργιλέ μου

έσπασα τον αργιλέ μου μη χειρότερα Θεέ μου

Σ' είχα τόσο συνηθίσει σαν σε γέμιζα χασίσι

σαν σε γέμιζα χασίσι σ' είχα τόσο συνηθίσει

Στη ζωή σαν βαριεστούσα σ' έπαιρνα και σε πατούσα

σ' έπαιρνα και σε πατούσα στη ζωή σαν βαριεστούσα

Αργιλέ μου εγώ δε φταίω σε θυμάμαι κι όλο κλαίω

σε θυμάμαι κι όλο κλαίω αργιλέ μου εγώ δε φταίω

Never heard it by Dalaras. I have the live recording by Tsitsanis, on an old tape my father gave me. I just love it. :)

Amor Amor.

That song just

cost me half my night's sleep,

reminded me how much I love translating,

and why,

stuck in my ears like superglue all day,

and beside or rather above all that, it is true.

Amor Amor.

Παιδια, παρακαλω, you are now so many online: play and sing along two songs for my good night: "Vammena kokkina mallia" + "MI moy thimoneis", I am so tired after that Sunday. Nothing special happened, just too many unpleasant moments.

"Παραδέχτηκα", του Bregovic, με την Πρωτοψάλτη.

Το ακούω τώρα και μέπιασαν τα μεράκια :):):confused::D:D:)

The whole CD for the rest of the day !!!

Ποια μερακια, Francois? Of course, you don't need to answer.

:confused:

For me, the old, convincing, beautiful, so credible rembetiko "Kane ligaki ipomoni", afterwards immediately: "Oi thalassinoi" - just to dance, not to come too early, like yesterday, to τα νυχτερινα τραγουδια again: Vammena kokkina mallia and Mi moy thimoneis....

"Kane ligaki ipomoni"

Have you heard the amazing original version by Sotiria Bellou? Anyway, whatever version, probably one of the most beautiful Greek songs...

Francois, φοβαμαι, I never heard a single note sung by her! Or, more probably, she can belong to these many anonymous voices of the older years.

I agree with your opinion about the song, although, you know, I can't be really objective with these songs I've heard for ever: and "Kane ligaki ipomoni" is one of them. Σ' ευχαριστω (perhaps the single time today I can say it).

:confused:

Olga

"Einai arga, poli arga", Manolis Xiotis - Xristos Kolokotronis (has this name anything in common with Theodoris Kolokotronis???) .

The song dedicated by Giorgos Dalaras to his father; a theme you mentioned in"The artists" and which is close to me. I wish Kyrios Giorgos knows finally, how good my father became with his own songs.... This eternal Mi moy thimoneis.

Olgitsa

No Olga! Theodoros Kolokotronis has no relation with Xristos Kolokotronis! I had the chance to meet Xristos Kolokotronis some years before! :D

Thanks, Apostoli -well, I supposed, Xristos can not be the brother of Theodoros.... ech, na'tane to '21.... :D

Francois, why not yet? Because I am digging now in "Sta neotera xronia", a school book for the 5 th class of dimotiki sxoli gia tin Ellada and try to understand something.... And I spend so incredibly much time on the Forum, that I can't any more now. I need a little rest, too! But, promised, I'll read that, exactly like your informations about the artists.

Thanks, Francois, for your care of me and my knowledge, Apostoli, good wishes for you and your father, and the song? Perhaps "Oloi oi rembetes toy dounia".

:D

You may not believe this, but it's true. I have the record of Αξιον εστί in my possession since April 3rd, without listening to it.

Why?

Scared.

I read the poems, a while ago, with a translation. But the record...

"Bon courage", someone told me.

"A whole new world", someone told me.

So, first, I thought: : "what a bass voice - I thought they grew them like that only in Russia..."

So, then, I thought: "o, mr. Theodorakis, are you going to go all modern and bombastic? can I follow this?... well, yes, I can... I had forgotten what you were capable of..."

Then, Dalaras started singing and I stopped thinking. Stopped dead.

It's going to take years.

Αξιον εστί

I read the poems, a while ago, with a translation. But the record...

"Bon courage", someone told me.

"A whole new world", someone told me.

A whole world, not new to me, but with tremendous musical and poetical beauty. I hope you have the Bithikotsis/Katrakis version, Geeske.

But why "Bon courage" ?