Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soc

Boston

19 posts in this topic

"Στη Νέα Υόρκη και σε άλλες πόλεις είχα αντιδράσεις. Όμως οι καλλιτέχνες δεν είμαστε μόνο για να τραγουδάμε. Αν ήταν έτσι, δε θα λέγαμε τα τραγούδια που λέμε. Αυτός ο πόλεμος δεν έπρεπε να γίνει. Αυτός ο πόλεμος δεν ήταν αυτουνού που τον έκανε. Ευτυχώς δείχνει να τελειώνει και έτσι δε θα έχουμε κι άλλους νεκρούς. Ο πόλεμος απαιτεί βία και αγριότητα. Η ειρήνη χρειάζεται σοφία και γνώση. Διαλέγετε και παίρνετε αυτό που σας ταιριάζει."

Και μια συναυλία απίστευτη. Με πάθος. Με τσαμπουκά. Με φωνή τόσο δυνατή και με τόσο παλμό όπως πριν από χρόνια. Και πολύ χειροκρότημα. Και πολύ τραγούδι. Από όλους. Ακόμα και στο τέλος χειροκρότημα. Και αποδοκιμασίες. Και αντιδράσεις. Αλλά πολύ χειροκρότημα. Που κάλυψε τις αποδοκιμασίες. Ή μήπως εγώ δεν τις άκουγα. Μπα, το χειροκρότημα ήτανε. Μας άντεξε το σκοινί. Και φάνηκε. Στο χειροκρότημα. Νέοι άνθρωποι. Με πάθος. Τα κουστούμια και τα βραδυνά φορέματα, λες και έιμασταν σε fundraising (είναι τόσο μαλακία αυτή η λέξη που δε βρίσκω αντίστοιχη ελληνική), πήγαν να αντιδράσουν. Κάποιοι και κυρίως κάποιες, με βραδυνά φορέματα, πήγαν να φωνάξουν. Λες και θα σταματούσε. Κούνια που τους κούναγε. Μπορεί πάλι να φταίνε τ΄αυτιά μου. Που ακούγανε μόνο το χειροκρότημα. Και δεν ήμουν μόνος αυτή τη φορά.

"Νίκησε" το χειρικρότημα, λοιπόν!!!

Μια συναυλία με τσαμπουκά!Με φωνή τόσο δυνατή και με τόσο παλμό όπως πριν από χρόνια.

Μπράβο στο Γιώργο Νταλάρα και τον τσαμπουκά του!!

Μπράβο Σωκράτη που ήσουν εκεί και το χάρηκες με όλες σου τις αισθήσεις!!!!

"Στη Νέα Υόρκη και σε άλλες πόλεις είχα αντιδράσεις. Όμως οι καλλιτέχνες δεν είμαστε μόνο για να τραγουδάμε. Αν ήταν έτσι, δε θα λέγαμε τα τραγούδια που λέμε. Αυτός ο πόλεμος δεν έπρεπε να γίνει. Αυτός ο πόλεμος δεν ήταν αυτουνού που τον έκανε. Ευτυχώς δείχνει να τελειώνει και έτσι δε θα έχουμε κι άλλους νεκρούς. Ο πόλεμος απαιτεί βία και αγριότητα. Η ειρήνη χρειάζεται σοφία και γνώση. Διαλέγετε και παίρνετε αυτό που σας ταιριάζει."

I don't want to be accused of being insensitive to those who don''t speak greek, so just in case some of us don't understand. This what Dalaras said after the Boston concert.

"In New York, and in other cities as well, I had some reactions. But as artists, we are not only to sing. If that was the case, we wouldn't sing these songs. This war should never have happened. This war is not the man's who did it. Fortunately it seems to be coming to an end and we will not have more dead people. War requires violence and brutality. Peace needs wisdom and knowledge. You choose what best suits you"

And my little comment about the reaction, from just a descriptive point of view, is that this time, he first time after 4 concerts in the US, the clapping won. Overwhelmingly.

On a side note, the concert was marvelous.

As a big fan and freind of Georgo it hurts to hear these negative comments...

Sarantis you don't have to say that.

that's why we love him more and more we know that always "the action brings operaction" am I wrong ?

:)

An action gives a reaction. Even an artist may say what he wants.

In this it is obvious that Dalaras told his own opinion.

Arenot we doing the same every day?

My opinion is the war wasnot needed if Saddam Houssein was on power, in Holland everybody is protesting against the war, there are a few people who are telling what Saddam Houssein has done to his own people. He killed thousands of his own people and got a lot of blood on his hands. That's why I am two-minded, maybe Dalaras have the same.

Henkos

Well I was there and I am telling you that your friends were day dreaming, unless if they were the ones who were shouting the comments, in which case their voices blocked their ears and couldn't hear the applause. Nobody was booing. Nobody. Some people shouted some things, many people were just listening and the majority was applauding. And since I was upstairs, next day I asked a friend who was downstairs, just in case that my "bravo" blocked my ears, and he told me exactly the same thing.

The point is that the concert was one of the best I have seen. And I have seen a lot. Really a lot. And everywhere. And taking into account that this concert took place here, where concerts are traditionally worse than in Europe where they are worse than in Greece, this one was one of the best.

However, everyone should believe anything they want. Actually, who cares what other people believe. The tour is over. The war is changing phase, moving a little bit to the west, 3500 years of history went to hell because after bombing the shit out of a city that has been there forever, this bunch of arrogant idiots forgot to protect the museum of the city, where the begginning of every possible civilization, including ours was shown, and which is now in a condition that would drive every normal person in tears.

Let's go back to our daily life and try to figure out what partly sunny means as opposed to partly cloudy.

I'd like to write down a thank you. A great warm thank you to both of them, Marinella and Dalaras, as they really deserve it.

To start a tour through the States, just some days after the beginning of the war. I just imagine they all had mixed feelings about the visit to USA these days, not really knowing about the atmosphere in the country, maybe very mixed feelings. But they did come, to bring a bit of Greece to them, who live far away from Greece.

Travelling this long, from Greece to USA, travel a lot in the States (have a look at the map, the distances are not the same as in Europe!). Coming from rainy Athens, expecting, at least in Florida a warm summer night, no, rain, cool, very windy and this concert was open air! And in the north (although these concerts were inside) even more cold, even snow.

And not only this travelling but also being fit, being at the point excatly the minute the performance starts!

They did it and they did it so well.

Some may say, ok. it's their job. Yes but, to do a job and to do it is very different.

They did it with power, with love, with passion!

For this the thank you.

And I post it here, as at Boston especially Dalaras did a gorgeous performance!

PS: Just a short note to the reactions of those who don't understand anything.

I really hope they will stay away from the next concerts. We dont need them at the concerts, these ones who pretend to go there for the music.

If they would really love music, they would have something in their hearts and souls. And with these feelings inside they wouldn't have any problems to understand Dalaras words were only the truth.

this bunch of arrogant idiots forgot to protect the museum of the city,

Soc, whom are you referring too?

the US army and government?

who are the arrogant idiots?

be more specific and that's why you've been mad the last few days haven't you?

Anna, did you attend the Boston show??

:razz: Do you think I write a comment about something I didn't see and hear?

be more specific and that's why you've been mad the last few days haven't you?

Specific? Wasn't I sufficiently specific? Maybe not. By the way, those of you who have studied cultural differences at any point in their lives know the difference between "high context" and "low context" societies. I tend to forget it, so here is the specific version of what I meant. I was referring to the government (american of course), the army, the 75% of the american population who supports this thing (according to the latest polls, although I don't believe them), and those who whatever the percentage is, are indifferent and don't care or think that since this is happening thousands of miles away doesn;t concern them, feel a little bit sorry, say they are against it, but do nothing to stop it because that would compromise their social or professional relations. These are the people I reffered to as a bunch of arrogant idiots

I think it's clear that the cultural destruction in Iraq, like the rest catastrophe from the bombs and the missiles , was caused by the INVADORS! If THEY wanted, they could have protected, at least the so important cultural heritage of this place!!

And it is also clear WHO the invadors of this war have been!! Anyone who denies that is just kidding himself!!!

And I'm wondering in what way THEY will "reconstruct" this civilization! The same way they will "reconstruct" the rest of the facilities in Iraq? THEY use to have a "smart" answer to every question! I'm curious to know how THEY- the "democrats" who started this war- would answer THIS question!!!

:) Yes!!!!

I found them! After the concert at Boston I talked to a young guy who took photos, outside.

To my question if he also took some from the concert, he said yes!

To my question we will find them in the internet he said yes!

Tonight I found them!

Have a look

post-3-1067552503.jpg

I choosed this photo to show something strange, which I never saw in a concert hall before.

Do you see the one guy with the face towards the audience? If you take a look at the other photos you will see hes there all the time! Hes a security guy!

I never saw this at a concert.. just imagine youre lucky to get a seat in the first or second row and you are observed by this guy, always looking at you

sometimes better to sit far away on the balcony :razz:

post-3-1067628836.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0