Vasilis

A great musician

69 posts in this topic

It's well known that Dalaras play the guitar.However a lot of people don't know that he is a great musician.If someone asks me to characterize Dalaras I will say that he is a great singer and musician.Dalara's ability to play a variety of musical instruments made me to admire much more. :D

I've been wondering if he has ever, on any of his CD's done an entirely instrumental track? As as soloist, I mean?

I know he could, but has he?

There's one instrumental  cd called 'Makrines apostaseis'. Thanasis Bikos did this and Dalaras is joining in at 3 songs!

This topic brought another memory to me.Since the topic is about "A great musician" and Geeska mentioned dalaras playing instrumental....Well, this brought to my mind the weekend that me and my wife went to visit Dalaras and anna in Atlantic city New Jersey.Dalaras was to play that saturday and we arrived saturday morning to the hotel.Dalaras was staying there as well..As many of you may know that usually Dalarases soundchecks are done early in the evening before the show and usually no one is allowed inside to see or hear the soundchecks..This particular day i had spoken with Georgo and told him i would drop by to see him during the soundcheck.There were some adjustments that needed to be done to the new guitar i had givin him so i went into the theater about 3 in the afternoon,a few hours befors the show..The great thing about this afternoon was that Georgo was all alone in the theatre up onstage with his guitar.There were only four of us there total.No band ,no technicians ,no one...Anyway georgo was very casual wearing a North carolina tar heals baseball hat,unshaven,just relaxed..He began to play his other guitar while i was adjusting his new guitar..He played freestyle and was playing beautiful songs that were just coming to his head.Most was more latin sounding and it was just beautiful.He was just relaxed playing for himself ,things he liked not under pressure to play his songs for an audience..He played for about 30 minutes and then we parted ways......That was another great memory of georgo playing instrumental solo guitar....just freestyle....

Sarantiis, it looks as if your head is full of great Dalaras-memories... :cool:  I woud give anything to have similar ones, but since that is rather impossible, I would give anything to "invade" your mind... :razz:  Just kidding... :)  AND waiting for more stories to come... :music:

If any one has ever had the chance to see the Live Video

of Dalaras & Papakonstantino @ Attikon,

It is Dalaras who is playing the Harmonica

on the song

'Mia Fysarmonika Pou Klei'

:cool:

and

on the video with Pix Lax @ Iera Odos 1

Dalaras is playing percussion (Krousta) before he sings

"Mia Vradia Sto Leverkousen"

Anna your right about the cd 'Makrines Apostasis', for I have that one

and he plays a very good taximi on the Oud and the Baglama.

He even features a good Amane on the song 'Anatolika'.  

:(  

So, is there anything he can't play?  :mad: Seriously now, can anyone tell me exactly what instruments he plays? All in one post please... :blush:  :(

μια φυσραμονικα που κλαει

is it really him playing it?

I didn't think I could love that song any more than I did - so I was wrong.

and grrrrrrr of course no way I get to see the video ever...

Pantos akousa arketes fore ton idio ton Ntalara na lei pws kamarwnei perissotero ws organopextis para ws tragoudistis! Mipws kseri kanis posa organa paizei sto sinolo? :music:

so far, I think we've heard

Outi, bouzouki, baglamas, tzoura

Spanish guitar, electric guitar

Keyboards

Harmonica

Percussion

what's next.... 12-string guitar? mandolin? bass? ukelele?

(if you tell me accordion or church organ I'm about ready to believe it too).

Actually, since he is such a good guitar player, he can certainly play bass, mandolin and even all lute-type instruments, such as the saz. Thats good. What I would like to know is if he plays the violin or perhaps the lira.

I don't think so... No matter what a great musician he is (there is no doubt about it!), he cannot be playing all the instruments... After all, he already plays too  :) many... :)

No one complaint about opening the hint to 'Ta Nea'!

Does it work?

I tried, but it didn't open!

It wouldn't open for me either, and when I tried to post and say so, Netscape went on strike... and after that I forgot.

Pity about the link.

Well, before everyone starts now to explain why, where and what...

I try another way. But, it was my first 'text scanning'.

Anyway I hope you can read!

paiokero.zip

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead