panosb

Song Fantasies

364 posts in this topic

Kalo Pasxa kai Kalh Anastash...

I thought of starting a strange topic... I hope it is in the right place and that there were no similar ones in the past.

The topic is:

Which songs you wish to listen with Dalaras voice?

I'm talking about songs he has never performed... (So unfortunately I'll not write S'agapw giati eisai wraia :) ).

I've been thinking for a long time about this musical fantasies (because I like D's voice and expression).

So, is there anybody who wants to share this weird thhoughts?

Despite the endless list of songs I have in my mind, I'll start with something really cool and strong (an kai sta Ellhnika 8a to elega "koufo"!).

Zhleuei h nuxta /Orfeas Peridhs.

Strong western tune...nice lyrics...and needs expression...

Panos, Dalaras has sung Ζηλευει η νυχτα.

3 years ago at Zygos, he was starting the second part of the program with this. And all your fantasies about how it was, they are true

Wow! I had the feeling that D would like that song (Zhleuei h nuxta)...

His performance and Gesce's Wishful listening proved to me that I'm as mad as I thought to be :):)

Here is a song that for sure Dalaras hasn't performed, yet.

Βοριάς Φυσάει Τα λόγια Μου

From the newest CD of Miltos Pasxalidhs: H monh mou patrida einai o xronos.

I must addmit that all the songs fit D's voice (and all of them are nice) but that particular song, D can turn it to a classical one with his voice.

There's a song I wish Dalaras could perform. It's Canção do Mar and it is sung by Dulce Pontes. Those who know it may understand why I think it would fit his voice.

"Manoula mou", from "Odos Oneirwn"..... I'd love to listen to what Dalaras would do of it after the Mouskouri 1969 version which still has been unsurpassed.... Go on modern singers, do better than her. We are still waiting, and you, Dalaras, I an sure that after you versions of "Theos an einai", a version of "Manoula mou" by you would be the shock of the 21st century....

Do you mean Τη ρωμιοσύνη μην την κλαις? He has already sang it!

It's in the album Τα 18 λιανοτράγουδα της πικρής πατρίδας (1974)

:)

:) No, I think Vasos is talking about Theodorakis song cycle: Romiossini from 1966. Music to lyrics by Yiannis Ritsos, songs like: Όταν σφίγγουν τό χέρι, Δέντρο τό δέντρο, Καί τώρα, Μέ τόσα φύλλα

Does he have bad memory?

:naughty::pity:;) He has an unbelievably good memory actually.

When he's in the mood he does take requests, I've seen him do it in Zygos - he just lets the people call out until he hears a title he likes, and then he smiles and sings it. Three, four, five songs when we were lucky. He enjoys it, but his musicians sometimes exchange looks that say "what now?".

QUOTE]Of course he had sung many songs....

That is something of an understatement. The official discografy has six hundred and something songs. The unofficial discografy (i.e. the songs that got onto videotape etc.) is half again as much, at least. And the number of songs he has actually sung is way over one thousand.

Gia "kapoious logous" fantazomai sunexeia ton Ntalara na tragoudaei to:

Otan ton Augousto brexei.

Den xerw poios to ermhneuei, alla h mousikh kai oi stixoi einai polu ... ekfrastikoi.

A song that would be perfectly performed by Dalaras:

Mes'stou Man8ou ton teke.

But I'll prefer him to sing the G. Katsaros version, because E. Askinazi's one sounds like a mourning song (moirologi) :D

Better sung by Theodorakis himself anyway.... First recording on the French television in 1972 or 1973 (I can remember my parents and myself listening to him passionately!!!!).... Second recording by Mikis in London, same year.... Dalaras only recorded it in 1974 in Athens. I bought the record and was criticized for it, bu some of the songs are beautiful by Dalaras.

:D:music: :music: He has an unbelievably good memory actually.

Such Eastern singers do have an unbelievable memory!!!! The memory of songs is almost immortal, and I know what I am talking about!!!

Francois: Do you mean the songs about Abu Zeid El Helali? Because they really need good memory. But in Greece, melliniums ago, people used their memory very strongly (remember the Iliad and the Odyssey).

Today I have many fantasies in my mind:

1. Mia Deutera: I wish D sang it life. It is a challenge, because of its slow rhythm. I want to see how D will keep his audience attached to him :D

2. Fulakas Aggelos (the one by Active Member): I wish he'd perform it with Xristo 8ubaio.

3. To tsigaro (G. Kotsiras): Only Dalaras can beat Kotsiras' performance :(

:pity:

Greetings Natalie,

I'm not for certain I'm understanding your question thoroughly.

But I'll try to answer briefly as best I can.

Sad as it may be, I've only seen Dalarars 5x

and from that 5x, I have not had the liberty and/or luxury in hearing him sing all of my favorite tunes by him. What was special I think was the 2nd time I saw him for the "JUSTICE FOR CYPRUS' Concert back in '94

where he sang the 1st part of the program straight from his CD

"Ες Γην εναλίαν Κύπρον"

It was unique as only these songs were sung at the time just for the Cyrpus benefit concerts.

Apart from that, I would have loved to have heard and seen Dalaras do more with Marinella from their 'MAZI' tour back when they were last hear in Detroit. In fact, I really felt the guy was holding back on us only because Marinella was his mentor (way back in the begninning when he started to sing) so thus he allowed her to do more in the show then he did for himself.

Other then that I'm not sure what else I can tell you.

I think were all still waiting for that DVD to be release if in fact that will ever happen. And I think a Trio performance between

Giorgios Dalaras, Xaris Alexiou, and Giannis Parios

would be an Awesome Colloboration. (And this would be a whole program with the 3 of them singing not a few songs like they did together back at the Olympic Stadium in '83).

A good example of what I'm referring to is the type of Concert I'd like to see them sing for is similar to the Concert Alexiou, Parios, and Galani all did together back in '91 held I think either at the Pallas or Erini & Filias Stadio. The songs they chose and selected were Outstanding and thus no reason why Dalaras cannot be incorporated into a routine with them as well.

Maybe for some important fundraiser they will do something like this in the near future and record the program on to disk for us to hear and buy.

:music:

It's in the album Τα 18 λιανοτράγουδα της πικρής πατρίδας (1974)

:music:

Earlier than that, by Farantouri and Pandis... and "Τη ρωμιοσύνη μην την κλαις" sung by the composer himself, of course... I much prefer the version to the Dalaras one which has too much noise in the bouzoukia and drums!!!!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead