NikosDalarovios

Dalaras together with?

167 posts in this topic

I know a fan of Sfakianaki and an adorer of Dalaras,my son.What I don't know is why he likes Sfakianaki, who I see as a beautiful voice only when he sings a SONG which is not always the case...Other times he recites...

As for 'Mana mu Ellas' you pressed my button, it is my song, Giorgos is mine when he sings it and there has not be a time that I did not cry while he sang it.

I am writting a novel and it is going to be titled "Mana mu Ellas" or..."Tiheos theos", " The chance, or accidental, god"...

Nase kala! :razz:

NIKH K.

I agree with you, Nikh. Sfakianakis has, in my opinion, an unbelievable voice, but he doesn't use it, and I often wonder if he even can. I've not heard all of his songs, of course, but the ones I have don't seem to challenge him. That is why I thought it would be funny to hear him sing Mana Mou Ellas, which is of course ridiculously difficult :razz:

I must ask the question, though, are you really writing a novel? What is it about? I would like to write a novel myself, but I don't have a long enough attention-span, I think :razz:

You have made my list of admirable people.

Based on what Dalaras himself says (for example in the "Vimagazino" interview), I think that before considering a collaboration, he would ask that Sfakianakis get serious about his work (serious, by Dalaras standards, as in learning singing technique, choosing seriously good songs, giving music priority over showiness, and so on).

SOSTA!!! Geske said it all except for about his voice, but I think it is selfunderstood that Notis has a superior voice.. . And a funny mind..

Not to talk about his education...

And a note about him and 'mana mu ellas, not ANY dificult, bleeding impossible...

Well, of course that I am serious, about my novel, that is, and I will start on it seriously the next day after my son gets his U diploma, ptihio, in October...I don't type well and am not familiar with typing and all that at the computer, but will learn. My son knows everything.

The first title, MANA MU ELLAS, tells about the story which begins end 19th century and ends October this year. How it tells about the story, the plot, is difficult to explain but I will try...I have two mothers, tin Aikaterini ke tin Ellas...It is a story of how my mother lost her home country, got a new one, if it is possible to get a new homeland, and how I and my boy returned to her and therefore MY first, or second, who cares, homeland instead of her...FOR HER.

Therefore the title could as well be "THE RETURN", 'i epistrofi'....but in both cases the titles would say about the very story, not about

'WHAT THE AUTHOR WANTED TO TELLL"

The second title tells about the usia, essence of the story, of what it is RELLY about, told upon a plot that is just a base for thelling the essence of what you want to tell , this being that human destiny is a fairy tale for small children, there is no such thing as destiny or 'mira', there is the only one GOD by name CHANCE....I MEAN, ALMOST EVERYTHING HAPPENS BY MERE CHANCE, FROM THE MOMENT OF CONCIEVING AN EMBRIO.....

...I do not count in 'chance' the hereditary characteristics of a person, but I do count the circumstances of embrio regarding his mothers fortunes or misfortunes, father's too, the borth, where , when ETC.....QUITE A PHYLOSOPHY, THAT ONE...

And a question for you.

How did I deserve to be an admirable peson for you....This question would make more sence to you if you had been a member long enough and knew about some Athinaia....

I would like a complete answer about this, if you preffer in a pm, but don't mind here either.., please... :mad: nikh xxx

ps. I checked on your enroll list only to find out that you are 23, live in america and probably are Greek.

If you want to see who I am, check by my old name ATHINAIA. :lol:

Hmm ...

I'm sorry if I confused you. I was merely expressing my appreciation of literature and those who create it. I think anyone who writes a book is very patient and usually quite skilled, thoughtful, and talented. I don't really have a list of admirable people :mad:

Oh, but I'm not 23. I'm 17, Greek, living in America ... and I have to drop my sister off at college! Mana's yelling at me--I'm late! Bye!

First of all, I don't like this talk about octaves and whatnot. As an uneducated singer I have tended to despise somewhat, I think, the technical aspects of music which I don't understand. I sing along with Dalaras regularly, and I honestly don't believe he reads notes off a sheet; his soul interprets the music. He is independent of such limits as "octaves"--we mustn't say he is limited by them. I mean, come on, his voice may not go very low, but it does reach amazing heights! It hurts to hear that amazing sound numerically ranged at one-and-a-half.

:mad::razz:

Antometrios,

I smiled reading this, because music is

1. mathematic proportions of notes and pauses

2. mathematic proportions of intervals

3. mathematic proportions of the tools making sounds including humans' voice cords.

A humble homage to Pythagora (again Greece, you see), who was among the first ones, who were thinking about it.

And to the succesful interpretation of music you need

1. healthy ears (a sad example of Beethoven, who could compose eternal music being already deaf, but could not perform his own music properly almost any more)

2. skilful hands, if you play the instrument

3. a good breathing technic (women must at first learn to breathe with their diaphragma, or, using more everyday language, with their belly :rolleyes:

4. some tricks for giving exact notes with your voice (if the melody goes up, you must think "down", and if the melody goes down, you have to think "up") and so on.....

5. some knowledge of musical ornaments, neede to perform the especially baroque music well, but also this last "zoi" in the last verse of "Mystika", where Dalaras uses a special music figure of three notes, where the two are equal and the third, i.e. the middle one is higher about an interval of "great second". This is called "circulation" (Christo, correct me, if needed, my musical English is worse than my musical German....)

Antometrios,

not that you or anybody else needs that all to like music,

and certainly Giorgos Dalaras must not read notes from a sheet very time he is working,

but certainly he must have learned that some day and developed the skills to the grade we can "only" admire,

and these thoughts about "singing with the soul" or similar ones

have a terribly, terribly long tradition, in the Greek ancient music theory, in the Baroque era and in the Romantic periode above all, so you are involved in a good and long, long history of the so called "musical reception" :):): (to let the cat out of a bag, I wrote my doctor thesis concerning similar topics, so you do not need to be embarrassed in any way ) :):), this "ithele douleia kai ipomoni...." indeed, approximately 6 years :).

PS. Francois made once a graphic picture of Giorgos Dalaras' voice sound (without remembering, in which particularsong), the frequency of vibration was equal and the amplitude high - and there are good characteristics.....

Is it just me or is anyone else feeling (so ) dumb? :blink:

Olga, I'm amazed! Or should I say Doctor Olga? :mad:

BTW, does anyone know if Dalaras has the absolute ear (I don't know if it is translated this way in English) like Nat King Cole had?

PS. Francois made once a graphic picture of Giorgos Dalaras' voice sound (without remembering, in which particularsong), the frequency of vibration was equal and the amplitude high - and there are good characteristics.....

I can remember now: it was from the first song of "Mikres Politeies"... The same day, I also made a graphic picture of one of Sotiria Bellou's "Ha" in Papazoglou's song "Katw sta Lemonadika".

Is it just me or is anyone else feeling (so ) dumb? :blink:

Olga, I'm amazed! Or should I say Doctor Olga? :mad:

Celeste, I feel roughly the same. :lol:

Bravo, Olga!! :razz:

Very good, Olga!

I'd say Dalaras, taking into account that he shows a good knowledge of the "art of well singing" and that he makes all the arrangements to his songs and acts as some kind of discrete maestro, must have studied music. I don't know where he did that or if he did it at all, but I could just guarantee that. Music is a very hard art, a lot of work involved (I know what I'm saying cause I studied music - then I gave it up, precisely when I decided to take a long trip to Greece, but I always kept making music). I'm not saying it's all hard work. At times, I'm simply unable to make a decent song even if I put a lot of work into it. So, I'm a believer in magical moments of inspiration... But inspiration alone doesn't lead people very far if they're lacking the necessary tools which, in this particular cause, would be a lot of previous hard work in learning a lot about music, its techniques and all its subtleties. I believe a good musician must have both and that's the distinguishing factor. Just an opinion...

Olga, I envy your musical education :razz: I used to play piano but lost interest. I took singing lessons but lost interest. I could have learned guitar from my dad, but I was too lazy. Now I wish I knew what you do! I intend to learn, though ... soon! Muahaha. :mad:

On another note, I do know that music is mathematical, but I like to pretend it's not because it hurts to think of my passion as a summary of ones and halves :)

Peace out, yo! :rolleyes:

PS. Francois made once a graphic picture of Giorgos Dalaras' voice sound (without  remembering, in which particularsong), the frequency of vibration was equal and the amplitude high - and there are good characteristics.....

I can remember now: it was from the first song of "Mikres Politeies"... The same day, I also made a graphic picture of one of Sotiria Bellou's "Ha" in Papazoglou's song "Katw sta Lemonadika".

Then, I beg you all, tell me finally more details about Stavros Koujoumtzis' musical education! I have hardly written something about his talent today (in one of your latest topics, Antometrios), and it is again him, "Na'moun o Megalexandros".

After years and years and years almost all the favourite Greek songs I knew and remembered from my childhood are written by him. Now I play the second "Mikres politeies" song, and it is "Itan pente, itan exi".

Ech, what a discovery was that some years ago, as I began to learn Greek, to realize, these equal pizzicato quarters in the accompagnement of it are a sound of a clock......

Thank you, Celeste & Michael , for calling me with my scientific title :mad:, yes, I am "Doctor Olga", but it's enough you know it...

Not a high time to make order in this topic again? The details of Stavros Koujoumtzis' work belong to the part "Artists" and I wait for them desperately....

:razz::rolleyes::)

Now I wish I knew what you do!

At the very moment? Stopping singing the secondary, minor voice to the refrain of "tou kato kosmou ta poulia" and writing this small text.

To remain in the topic :mad: "Dalaras together with Olga singing "Toy kato kosmou....."

What must not mean I understand every line of the Eleftheriou's text very well (Michael, your topic for today)... But, promised, when I learn more from the Greek language......

Nomizw tha itan kalitera mia synergasia me sxetika neoterous tragoudopoious,san ton Swkrati Malama. Pisteuw oti to apotelesma tha itan poli kalo k emporiko k tha mas xarize polles kales difwnies. Epipleon tha einai kati kainourio k endiaferon....

petran, o Giorgos Dalaras kai o Swkratis Malamas exoun sinergasthei prin apo 1,5 xrono peripou. Egine mia epanektelesi tou tragoudiou 'Iptameno Xali' to opoio itan paigmeno mono me kithares tis opoies epaize o Swkratis Malamas! :music:

Omorfo tha itan vevaia na tous akougame na tragoudane kai mazi kapoia mera!! :):music:

I think a cooperation whith Demetris Basis would be great...!

Basis is an excellent singer with a very beautiful voice who reminds alittle of Dalaras and Bithikotsis together...

Dalaras MUST cooperate with Xaroula again.Greek song need this cooperation.Greek people will wake up if this cooperations becomes trew again.I suggest we(the members of this forum) to make a movement named MDAC which means Movement for Dalaras' and Alexiou Cooperation ή ελληνιστί ΚΙ.ΣΥ.ΝΤ.Α ΚΙνηση ΣΥνεργασίας Νταλαρα Αλεξιου.

If you want to propose other names for the movement,please do it?

Let's do it.What do you say?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead