Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vasilis

18 λιανοτράγουδα της πικρής πατρίδας

53 posts in this topic

Have you ever listened to this CD?Isn't it marvelous?It was my present from my sister for my "name celebration" in 1st January(my name is Vasilis).

I love " Edo to fos" and also I like "Kouventa m'ena louloudi","Karterema" and "Mnimosino".What's your opinion?

Well, another CD I have to buy... :razz:  But I have heard the song "Kouventa m'ena louloudi" and I really liked it! And "edo to fos" the same. We used to sing this one in our school, so I like it as well!  :razz:

Vasili, it is with this collection of songs that I first heard Dalaras voice in 1989. I've never recovered from the wonderful experience. I understand your emotion. Happy listening !

Something else. If I remember correctly, Soc said somewhere that this album was probably the more "political" of all.

Isn't that what you said Soc ? Would you care do elaborate on this comment? I think It would of interest to many of us.

I would love to, but right now (meaning these days) I am not in the mood. I am watching some of the brightest minds in this forum being silent and I don't like it. My willingness to discuss serious issues has gone for a walk but it will come back. I promise that when the mood comes back (and it will) I will elaborate. And please don't let this stop anybody else who would like to explain.

Something else. If I remember correctly, Soc said somewhere that this album was probably the more "political" of all.

Isn't that what you said Soc ? Would you care do elaborate on this comment? I think It would of interest to many of us.

Annemarie, this work is with music from Mikis Theodorakis and poems by Giannis Ritsos. Any of these names present in a work would definately mean that this work is political! If it is the most political one, I don't think I can tell you. But a good argument would be that the period these songs came out was the most political ever in the modern history of Greece.  :music:

p.s: the sad smilie is because now it is the most non-political period...or should I use this one :confused:

Hello everyone!

Dalaras is one of my favourite Greek singers, together with Bellou, Stratos Payoumtzis, Tsaousakis, Bithikotsis, Farandouri, Alexiou and Ninou, but I don't think his recording of  the "LIATOTRAGOUDA" is that good. I prefer the original recording with Farandouri and Pandis.

See you very soon!

Francois

I prefer the original recording with Farandouri and Pandis.

Hi francois and welcome to the Club!

However, the original recording is the one of Dalaras. This was the first release, although afterwards, there were a lot more. (not only the one you mention)

:wow: Ta 18 Lianotragouda tis Pikris Patridas: Let me insist that the first recording of this wonderful work was made with Farandouri an Pandis in 1973 (EMI). The record by Dalaras was made in 1974 and was released in Athens (MINOS) just after the fall of the terrible junta.

see http://www.mikis-theodorakis.net

poly filika synaisthimata ston Nikola

Francois

Francois, you are absolutely right, as this website says but mainly because you have bought the album itself!  :wow:

We could doubt the website but we can't if you bought the CD in 1973. It seems that my information had to do only with greek discography. I really thought it was the first release, with Dalaras. But that is wrong then. I am sorry!  :D And thank you for the information indeed  :cool:

Hi Nikolas!

I am glad you answered the way you answered. Yes, of course, some websites ARE indeed very questionable. Personally I have always tried to find out the right information about Greek music. Greek music is also MY music, as I have listened to A LOT OF Greek music since I was a child - and when I mean a lot, I do mean a tremendous lot. Ematha ellinika yia na boreso na katalavo tin Bellou kai ton Kazantzaki... Tora katalavaino kai olous tous allous, kai echo to bouzouki mou panda konda mou!

Grapse mou kana e-mail.

Filika

Francois

I have been trying to write a nice poetical sentence about the voice of Dalaras, but it is very difficult!

Has anyone here tried to do so?

Francois

Well, Francois, that is a very nice subject for a new topic.

For my part I shall have to contend myself with reading the contributions since I'm not at all gifted in that respect but I shall certainly enjoy the reading. Won't you give us a sample of your efforts?

Τα « 18 λιανοτράγουδα της πικρής πατρίδας » ήταν ο πρώτος δίσκος του Νταλάρα που αγόρασα όταν πρωτοήρθα στην Ελλάδα το 1974. Το έργο το είχα στο σπίτι με την Φαραντούρη και τον Πανδή η πρώτη εκτέλεση, με τα δυο τελευταία τραγούδια τραγουδημένα απο τον ίδιο τον Μίκη. Αυτή την πρώτη εκτέλεση, την είχα χάσει πριν από μερικά χρόνια και είχα ακόμα μέσα μου τις φωνές της Μαρίας και του Πανδή στα καταπληκτικά τραγουδάκια αυτά. Σήμερα, το όνειρό μου να αποκτήσω ξανά αυτόν τον δίσκο έγινε πραγματικότητα. Το βρήκα στο Studio 52 της Θεσσαλονίκης Η μαγεία έγινε πάλι Οι μεγάλες φωνές της Μαρίας και του Πανδή μου θυμήθηκαν εκείνα τα χρόνια που μάθαινα ελληνικά, εκείνα τα χρόνια που άρχιζα να καταλαβαίνω ότι η ελληνική μουσική ήταν η μόνη μου « μητρική » γλώσσα.

Δεν το μετανοιώνω που αγόρασα την ηχογράφηση με τον Νταλάρα. Παρόλο που μερικά από τα τραγούδια είναι πολύ βουητό με τη φωνή του (τα δυο τελευταία π.χ.), μερικά άλλα είναι αριστουργήματα.

Προτιμώ όμως την απλή και ταπεινή ερμηνεία της Μαρίας και του Πανδή που έλαβα σήμερα. Ίσως γιατι συνόδευαν τα « επαναστατικά » φοιτητικά μου όνειρα τότε

Μόλις μίλησα για αυτό από το τηλέφωνο με τη μάνα μου και θυμήθηκε κι αυτή την εκπομπή της γαλλικής τηλεόρασης όπου είχαν καλέσει τον Μίκη και την Μαρία και τραγούδησαν αυτά τα ποιήματα μαζί και με άλλους κύκλους τραγουδιών. Ήταν και η Μελίνα στην εκπομπή. Ήταν η εποχή που η χούντα δεν είχε πέσει ακόμη

Φίλες και φίλοι, μη νομίζετε ότι αυτό το post είναι μια αρνητική κριτική του δίσκου του Νταλάρα. Το εναντίο, πιστεύω ότι τέτοια έργα πρέπει να τραγουδηστούν από όσους καλούς τραγουδιστές γίνονται, και ο Νταλάρας φυσικά, είναι από τους καλύτερους :music::music::music::music::music:

Αυτή την πρώτη εκτέλεση , Francois, δεν έχω, αλλά άκουσα όλα τα τραγόυδια αυτά σε μια συναυλία. Ηταν στη Meistersingerhalle, Nürnberg , στο τέλο του 1974 ή στην αρχή του 1975. Εκέινα τα χρόνια ήμουνα φοιτητής σαυτή την πόλη. Τους είδα οι τρεις, την Μαρία Φαραντόυρη ,τον Πέτρο Πάνδη και τον Μίκη Θεοδοράκη. Θυμάμαι ακριβώς αυτή την συναυλία. Με ενθούσιασε για την ελληνική μουσική ...

Ο Πέτρος Πάνδης εχει μια πανέμορφη φωνή βαριά, και η Μαρία ειναι μια τραγουδίστρια μεγαλοπρεπιά. Προ ολίγου ηταν στη Γερμανία.

Για τον Πέτρο δεν τον μαθαίνω πια από πολύ καιρό. Ποιός μπορεί να πεί μου κάτι για αυτόν;

Herbert

:music:

An answer to Annette's question in one of her mails:

Η σύνθεση, σύμφωνα με τον Μίκη, έγινε στο Παρίσι, 1971-1973 και η πρώτη εκτέλεση στις 17 Ιανουαρίου του 1973 στο Αλμπερτ Χολ του Λονδίνου. Οι πρώτες ηχογραφήσεις, στο Παρίσι και την Αθήνα, στα 1973.

from

http://www.mathisis.com/web.cfm?tt=article..._id=5393&page=3

Thank you, Francois, for finding the exact information :D

These are small details but ,as you know, I love details and precise information :razz:

This is THE ALBUM.

It is a mixture of Theodorakis revolutional music and Dalaras' epic voice.

It is a tribute to 17 November 1973 the Polytexneio events and the fight of "φοιτητικό κίνημα" and KNE-KKEεξωτ,Ρήγας Φεραίος-ΚΚΕεσωτ,ΕΚΚΕ,ΠΑΜΕ,ΠΑΚ,ΔΑ and other anti-dictatorship parties

It is an expression of the Greek feelings about DEMOCRACY and INDIPENDENCE

Dalaras gives himself completely to sing this songs because they express them.HE FEELS THEM.His voice in many songs of this album,especially in Karterema,St' aspro ksokklisi and Tin Romiosini Mi Tin Klais makes him sound like Lenin in Octobrian Revolution,or CHE in Cuba or Aris Velouhiotis in Greek Partizan Movement.It is more than Gorgeous,Beautifull and Incredible.Dalaras shows his love for singing,his abilities and mostly his "left" ideology.....

Sorry, for this expression of feelings but these songs make me shiver and almosr cry despite the fact thet I am only 18 years old.You see I am a "left" (αριστερός) guy...!

Sorry, for this expression of feelings but these songs make me shiver and almosr cry despite the fact thet I am only 18 years old.You see I am a "left" (αριστερός) guy...!

Do not feel sorry for these feelings, Vaso! I think they are perfectly justified (if feelings can be justified)... The songs you mention will make you shiver even more if you listen to the original recording (Farantouri for "Karterema" and "T'aspro ksoklisi" and Theodorakis for "Ti Romiosini min ti klais").

The work is not a tribute to the very sad events of the Polytechnic School, as it was written before, but of course, it can be sung as a tribute to the students who fought and died that day.

One of my favourite Theodorakis works.

Tin Romiosini Mi Tin Klais makes him sound like Lenin in Octobrian Revolution

I do not know, how it sounded.

But my grandpa, to the Revolution time 21 years old, heard Lenin in Petersburg.

And was proud of it till to the end of his life.

He died 1978.

Btw. the 7th of November, the Revolutiion anniversary, went here almost unattended.

We had our Independence day yesterday, 85 years after Poland was made a state again (it did not exist independent since 1772).

For the Greeks it may sound strange.

But it was Turkey, where the divisions of Poland were never accepted.

Paradoxes of the history.

Just out of nowhere....

I saw a member reading this page (which I ignored its existance :blink: ) and had a shock! 18 songs... 18 poems..with Thedorakis' music and only two pages of discussion??? :wacko:

Once I get some real time I'll write my opinion too :naughty:

So let's go and read what is written there :lookaround:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0